Members of MMM collaborate closely with each other at the level of individual working groups, as well as in the context of larger projects and initiatives. Further information:
- Cooperation partners:
- Technologie-Zentrum Informatik und Informationstechnik (TZI): https://www.uni-bremen.de/tzi
- Institut für Informationsmanagement Bremen (ifib): https://www.ifib.de
- Fraunhofer-Institut für Digitale Medizin MEVIS: https://www.mevis.fraunhofer.de
- DLR Institut für Raumfahrtsysteme: https://www.dlr.de/irs
- Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Künstliche Intelligenz (DFKI) Bremen: https://www.dfki-bremen.de
- Joint projects and initiatives:
- Sonderforschungsbereich EASE (inkl. EASE Graduate School): https://ease-crc.org
- Graduiertenkolleg Empowering Digital Media: https://www.uni-bremen.de/dmlab-1/graduiertenkolleg
MMM Seed Grants:
Call for Proposals
Members of the High-Profile Area “Minds, Media, Machines” (MMM) and their research staff can receive special funds for small-scale collaborative projects in a lightweight procedure. The goal of MMM Seed Grants is to strengthen the ties and shared research-foci between working groups (AGs) in MMM via new initiatives for excellent science. Thematically, proposals should align with MMM’s common pursuit of excellence in general, and the development of an excellence cluster proposal “Living Technologies 2.0” in particular. Here, we seek to improve quality of life through the use of cognition-enabled technologies, systems, and robots against the background of an ageing society.
MMM Seed Grants are intended for teams from atleast two AGs in MMM. Applications from MMM teams of different disciplines are especially encouraged but no requirement. To allow for a more substantial investment of time and resources for the creation of “Living Technology 2.0 seeds”, we increase the amount of MMM Seed Grant money to 20.000 EUR per AG per grant.
For further information to apply, please refer to this template.